To participate effectively in the preservation and conservation of selected wildlife species, natural biological diversity and natural habitat not only on our own land but also, whenever possible, in the natural range of the selected species.
NATURAL RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
Fossil Rim strives to have healthy animals, and it is also our mission to responsibly manage our natural resources. We are constantly improving our awareness and ramping up our actions regarding natural resources management on Fossil Rim property.
Specific areas of focus center on habitat quality (including water) and biological diversity of native flora and fauna including assessment, restoration, research, cooperative training and educational opportunities.
RESOURCES MANAGEMENT OBJECTIVES
- Establish, implement and follow a decision making process regarding Fossil Rim’s utilization of land and natural resources.
- Ensure activities are consistent with the vision, mission and core business of Fossil Rim and that they are as environmentally conscious as possible.
- Provide resources and assistance, as well as advisement and evaluation, for projects and activities requiring natural resources.
- Support and encourage education and research regarding Fossil Rim ecosystems.
- Assess, monitor and document natural resources (flora, fauna, soil, water, etc.).
- Conserve, maintain and/or restore native systems in as natural a condition as possible. Actions taken for this objective must take into consideration that certain aspects of our core business will present conflicts with this objective to a degree. The captive propagation of non-endemic species and other activities will require determination of the appropriate balance.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable and relevant agencies that regulate activities on Fossil Rim property.