EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (ED)
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU HAVE NO C-SUITE AND BOARD AND ADMINISTRATIVE EXPERIENCE
SUMMARY/ PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position is responsible for enhancing the corporation’s Executive Director’s effectiveness by providing support through diversified, discrete and confidential administrative and support functions within the office of the Executive Director. It is very important that the incumbent of this position sets the highest example of professionalism, integrity and confidentiality expected of the Executive Director’s office.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handle a wide variety of situations and matters, confidentially and sensitively at all times, which come to the office of the Executive Director, so as to aid, assist, and support the role and function of the office and its internal and external roles and image.
- Locate, create and/or file records, documents and reports pertaining to FR corporate affairs being dealt with by the ED.
- Locate, create and/or file records, agendas, minutes, documents and reports pertaining to FR corporate affairs being dealt with by the Board of Directors.
- Arrange Board of Director’s meetings, the facilities, meals, accommodations and all needs required for these. Attend these meetings and produce the minutes of them.
- Prepare for signature all the appropriate EAF and other forms with the necessary attachments as per FR’s Financial Policy/Rules Document for the ED’s office.
- Prepare and update budget and actual (expenditure and/or income) analyses as requested for the ED’s department, and also for the whole company from time to time.
- Maintain ED’s appointment schedule and calendar by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and all travel arrangements. Resolve schedule conflicts. Arrange ED’s business travel, transportation, lodging and meeting requirements.
- Apply appropriate levels of discreteness and confidentiality at all times , based on a solid understanding of company policy, mission, values, core business and of the ED and the Board of Director’s views and philosophies.
- Develop and maintain all appropriate reference, filing and retrieval systems required by the office. Update and purge files as appropriate.
- Help the ED prepare for management and board meetings. Attend management meetings to record the meeting discussions and produce the minutes promptly after the meeting. Attend board meetings to record discussions and produce minutes promptly after the meeting.
- Maintain office supplies inventory, anticipate needed supplies, evaluate potentially useful new office products, place and expedite orders for supplies, verify receipt of supplies.
- Maintain a professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies, etc.
- Prepare materials and reports by collecting and analyzing pertinent data, completing documents and forms, editing documents, acquiring signatures and approvals.
- Enhance the ED’s image and reputation by taking ownership of the efficiency, productivity, punctuality, maturity and professionalism of the office.
- Utilize strong interpersonal skills to interact and maintain excellent relations with all individuals from all levels within the organization, and with all persons (e.g. clients, customers, general public) outside the organization.
- Ensure compliance with Employee Manual, Risk Management Plan, Financial policies and procedure Manual and safety rules and procedures, and company vision, mission, values and goals.
- Regular and dependable attendance as scheduled.
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays as required
- Complete assignments in a timely, accurate and organized manner.
- Carry out other duties as assigned
INTERESTED IN APPLYING?
By clicking on the SUBMIT button, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the job description for the Executive Assistant and can perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation.